JAVA Out of Memory Error

Dr. Yesan Sellan
Friends,

I have installed NGL 3.1 OS on windows 7 (service pack1) a 64 bit system, which has 4 GB RAM. 3 other systems connected on the network. Installation and testing went well. But when we use Staff login or OPAC on the server or any other client machine, i am getting error message on NGL server (cmd) java  outofmemory error. If i close NGL server and restart. It works. Often i have been facing this problem.

can you suggest me a solution to overcome this problem? Should i increase the memory to 8GB?? or lower the system to 32 bit.

FYI, antivirus programm (avast was disabled).

Yesan
Dr. Yesan Sellan, PhD Chief Librarian SAIACS, Bangalore

Re: JAVA Out of Memory Error

Verus Open Source Support
Is it a permgen space error. Kindly confirm

On Wednesday 20 May 2015 12:40 PM, yesan [via NGL] wrote:
Friends,

I have installed NGL 3.1 OS on windows 7 (service pack1) a 64 bit system, which has 4 GB RAM. 3 other systems connected on the network. Installation and testing went well. But when we use Staff login or OPAC on the server or any other client machine, i am getting error message on NGL server (cmd) java  outofmemory error. If i close NGL server and restart. It works. Often i have been facing this problem.

can you suggest me a solution to overcome this problem? Should i increase the memory to 8GB?? or lower the system to 32 bit.

FYI, antivirus programm (avast was disabled).

Yesan

http://forums.newgenlib.org/JAVA-Out-of-Memory-Error-tp7575627.html
To start a new topic under NGL, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NGL, click here.
NAML

--
NGL Open Source Support
Verus Solutions
Verus Solutions Private Limited
www.verussolutions.biz

Re: JAVA Out of Memory Error

Yesan
Yes. it is space error

Re: JAVA Out of Memory Error

Verus Open Source Support
1. Go to C:/NGL3/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/bin

2. Create a file called setenv.bat manually

3. The content of the file is shown below

set JAVA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

4.  Save the contents. And start your Tomcat server again

[...]

www.verussolutions.biz

Re: JAVA Out of Memory Error

Angel
Verus Open Source Support wrote
set JAVA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=64m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
Is this also applicable to NGL ubuntu server?

I tried but seems like it is not working.....keep showing the previous one.

pls help advise