Hello Mr. Ramesh,
Greetings... My submission to your arguments are as under.
1. I would like to make it very clear that I am not unhappy with VSPL by not providing service to open source customers.
2. VSPL has all rights to charges for their service as service is not a part of an open source software. I also understand that VSPL is not having resources to do free services. I have discussed the same with Siddhartha about it long back. Hence, VSPL should and must provide service on payment bases.
3. I am using NGL for Last 6 years and even supported other libraries to install NGL under 'free lancer scheme" of NGL, If you are aware of it. Moreover, I have two publications on NGL to aware library professionals aware about NGL.
4. your biggest argument "that you have discovered that NGL Open Source is no more.". Sorry but I have not wrote this. My writing is "Now onward NewGenLib is not an open source software." please emphasize on NOW ONWARD. This is because new versions of NGL are not open source software.
5. Hence, I say once again that, I have no objection is NGL not providing service to open source users. But to call it an open source software VSPL need to continue to distribute its newer versions to open source software as only through open source platform user base of NGL will grow. Other way it will either restrict to the current numbers or open source users will choose to migrate. Please remember all users of NGL may not have sufficient funds to purchase an enterprise version.
I hope you understand my argument. I am in no way against NGL. I am still a user of NGL and spreading its user base.
you can also refer my Publications on NGL. The links of the same are as following
Dr. Pawan R. Agrawal
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College
Govt. Arts, Commerce and Science College
UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli