NGLDesktop Not Working

Discover Yourself

I have been installed the new version i.e. 3.1.5 successfully. Configured NGLClient and NGLWorkBench successfully. Enter the bibliographical records and create patron without any problem.

I found problem in NGLDesktop. When I try to run NGLDesktop it shows "Database connection error. Database is not connecting properly please check".

Please help me.

Re: NGLDesktop Not Working

Verus Open Source Support
Go to C:/NGL3/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/webapps/desktop/NewGenLibDesktopFiles/SystemFiles
Open postgres-ds.xml with wordpad

If you find something like this
jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/SIT

Change it to
jdbc:postgresql://<ServerIP>:5432/SIT

check the database name, user name and password.
if you are using database name newgenlib, replace SIT with newgenlib and simillarly update username and password also.

NGL Forums Link: http://newgenlib.70.s1.nabble.com/
Website: http://www.verussolutions.biz/

NewGenLib Open Source Support
Verus Solutions Private Limited
www.verussolutions.biz

Re: NGLDesktop Not Working

Dr Pawan Agrawal
I am using version 3.1.3 of NGL. I have successfully upgraded to NGL 3.1.5 but I noticed a problem after upgradation. After upgrading to NGL 3.1.5 opac search not working. Please help in this regards.
Dr. Pawan R. Agrawal
Assistant Librarian
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College
Govt. Arts, Commerce and Science College
Dokmardi- Silvassa
UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli

UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli

Re: NGLDesktop Not Working

Verus Open Source Support
Respected Patron,

We have updated two upgraded files for NGL 3.1.5

1) NGL3.1.4_To_3.1.5.zip

2) NGL3.1.2_To_3.1.5.zip

for updating from NGL 3.1.3 to NGL 3.1.5 better to take the second file.

for more details, send the screenshot to support<attherate>verussolutions.biz
NewGenLib Open Source Support
Verus Solutions Private Limited
www.verussolutions.biz

Re: NGLDesktop Not Working

Dr Pawan Agrawal
Thanks for prompt reply.

I have reinstalled it again 3.1. 3.1 to 3.2 and 3.2 to 3.5 on test server. Now desktop is working. But in OPAC search 0 results are displayed on any query. However, it is searching in client app. Please help in this regards so that I can upgrade it on main server
Dr. Pawan R. Agrawal
Assistant Librarian
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College
Govt. Arts, Commerce and Science College
Dokmardi- Silvassa
UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli

Re: NGLDesktop Not Working

Verus Open Source Support
Respected Patron,

After upgrading any version of NGL. we need to run the NGLIndexer.

search the latest version indexer in build file, then run once.

After indexing only we can able to search the records from OPAC.
NewGenLib Open Source Support
Verus Solutions Private Limited
www.verussolutions.biz

UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli

UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli

Re: NGLDesktop Not Working

Dr Pawan Agrawal
server file

I am attacing NGLserver file which runs on opac search. it shows result 0.
Dr. Pawan R. Agrawal
Assistant Librarian
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College
Govt. Arts, Commerce and Science College
Dokmardi- Silvassa
UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli

Re: NGLDesktop Not Working

Verus Open Source Support
Run these two scripts to newgenlib database.

ALTER TABLE cataloguerecord ADD COLUMN publish_opac character(1) DEFAULT 'A';
ALTER TABLE request_checkout ADD COLUMN queue_number INT Default 0;
www.verussolutions.biz

UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli